Tryouts for St. Patrick Catholic High School Volleyball Team will take place Thursday, May 24, from 1:30 until 4:30 in the St. Patrick Gym.
- Students interested in trying out for the St. Patrick Catholic High School Volleyball Team must have this form signed and turned into Coach Gruich by tryouts on May 24. The student can turn in the tryout form to the office or bring it with them to tryouts. No student can try out without a try out form.
- All students trying out must have completed the registration process for the 2018-19 school year prior to tryouts.
- Since tryouts are on the last day of school, students will be expected to check into the gym by 1:10. When the student checks in, they will receive their tryout number from Coach Gruich and will need to pin the tryout number on their shirt. Tryouts will not begin until 1:30. The students will have time to change and have a snack prior to tryouts getting started. If the student is an incoming seventh grader, they will need to arrive at the St. Patrick Gym by 1:30 and check in immediately.
- Tryouts will include an endurance section, a clinical section, and a skill performance section. All players will participate in each section. During the clinical section, the students will be taught basic volleyball skills and have a chance to practice the skills before participating in the skill performance section.
- For tryouts:
- Girls must wear a white shirt and black shorts. The shorts can be spandex or regular athletic shorts.
- Girls do NOT need to purchase volleyball shoes or knee pads. Tennis shoes will be sufficient for tryouts, and knee pads are not mandatory.
- Girls MUST have an up-to-date physical on file with the front office.
- If player makes the team, they MUST attend the parent meeting on May 29 at 6 p.m. and the first day of summer practice. A guardian should accompany the player to the parent meeting.
Please find tryout form below. Forms are also available at the front office.