Librarian: Ms. Loxie Ladner
St. Patrick High School’s library has a collection of eBooks that may be accessed using the Destiny online catalog. All eBooks will have an eBook icon to designate their format. Students may also browse the eBook collection by selecting Destiny Discover and then the Collection dropdown menu for eBooks. PowerSchool login information is required to open all eBooks hosted by Follett and those hosted by Infobase Publishing require the school login. Please see Ms. Ladner or refer to handouts for orientation or research instruction for the Infobase Publishing login username and password.
The library contains a variety of materials including books, magazines, videos, and online computer databases that support the curriculum and provide recreational reading for students and faculty. Computers are available for student research and for completing class assignments.
- The library opens daily from 7:45 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
- Students are required to have a pass from a teacher and sign in when coming to the library during class.
- Students may enter the library if a class is in session; however, student should note that teaching is taking place and are asked to please be respectful of the learning environment.
- Photo copies are available for .10 per page. Printing from the computers is free if not abused.
- Students may check out up to three books for a fourteen day period. The librarian reserves the right to limit this time or the number of items on a particular topic if multiple students are attempting to use the same materials.
- Fines of .05 per school day are accessed for late items after a three day grace period. Students may not check out books if they have overdue books or outstanding fines.
- Assistance with Writing Styles, MLA and APA: Owl Purdue University Online Writing Lab
- Gotta Read a Classic Free Ebooks: Gutenberg Project
- Free EBooks and Literature Study Guides: Bibliomania
- Current issues and debates: ProCon.org
- Harrison County Public Library System: The Harrison County Public Library System has an online electronic catalog. Check out the online databases provided there from MAGNOLIA; see your local branch for login information.
- The Media Center computers have Microsoft Office 2010, so please save any work as the earlier version if using Office 2013 at home. Files may also be saved as text files and opened in Word.
- Always check travel drives after saving to verify that the file was saved.
- Ms. Ladner welcomes questions about MLA formatted papers such as how to setup pages, heading, citations, etc.
World Book Online – click here to access.
- Username – st.patrick
- Password – goirish