For Immediate Release
Terrance P. Dickson, 228-702-2126, email@example.com
Anonymous Donors offer matching challenge grant for debt reduction to three diocesan schools
DIOCESE OF BILOXI – Anonymous donors have come forward to offer a matching challenge grant for debt retirement of up to $500,000 to three diocesan schools – Resurrection Catholic School in Pascagoula, St. Patrick Catholic School in Biloxi and Sacred Heart Catholic School in Hattiesburg.
Bishop Louis F. Kihneman, III, fourth Bishop of Biloxi, is scheduled to visit each school on May 9 to share the good news with students, teachers, administrators and stakeholders.
“I am deeply touched by the commitment of the donors for this most generous gift which will help these schools meet our mission to teach, preach and make holy.” said Bishop Kihneman. “I express my deepest appreciation to all who sacrifice in order for children to attend Catholic Schools. Your commitment, dedication and love will impact our children throughout their lives.”
In order to receive funding, recipients must adhere to a number of stipulations, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Each participating school will be awarded up to five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000).
- Each participating school will be required to match dollar for dollar in order to receive full donation.
- Each participating school will be given a five year period to raise the funds necessary for the match.
- The five year matching period begins on August 1, 2018 and ends July 31, 2023.
- If the match occurs any time before the 5 year period expires, all funds will be released.
“The destruction of Hurricane Katrina set our schools back financially, and they toil diligently to keep Catholic tuition affordable,” said Dr. Mike Ladner, Superintendent of Schools. “Our schools provide tremendous opportunities for so many children. They help families provide their children a strong foundation, formed in Christ, with moral and spiritual guidance to give them strength to live faithfully in a secular world.”
The Catholic Diocese of Biloxi – “A welcoming family of GOD seeking to live faithfully, love generously, and share the good news of Jesus Christ”