Army Engineering and Construction Camp
Army Engineering and Construction Camp—If you are interested, see Ms. Wilkinson for an application.
June 9-15, 2019
The Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) is accepting nominations for 40 qualified high school
students interested in attending the SAME/Army Engineering and Construction Camp.
Students will engage in hands-on engineering and construction activities under the mentorship and
supervision of SAME professionals and other volunteers from the local engineering community. The program
includes interaction with representatives of architecture/ engineering firms, construction companies, Military
leaders, and Corps of Engineers’ employees. Other items will include:
• Leadership/Team Building activity
• Geotechnical & Structures Laboratory activity
• Coastal & Hydraulic Laboratory activity
• Information Technology Laboratory activity
• Environmental Laboratory activity
• River Engineering activity
• Computer aided design and drafting demonstrations
• Construction site visit
• Vicksburg Battlefield Engineering activity
• Center for Advanced Vehicular Studies activity
• Entergy Power site visit and activity
• Other hands-on projects and seminars
Applications are open to any qualifying high school student.
Qualifications for consideration, students must:
• Have completed their sophomore or junior year in high school before June, 2019;
• Be on a high school track that will provide a basis for attendance at an accredited college or university
(i.e., taking appropriate math and science courses);
• Have an expressed intent to pursue a degree in engineering or associated field (architecture,
environmental science, civil, mechanical, electrical or other engineering curriculum);
• Have demonstrated leadership characteristics through participation in extra-curricular, sports, and/or
• Be physically fit, requiring a doctor’s statement;
• Be of high moral character;
• Be an American citizen:
• Camp fee is $100 for each selected camper
Application Deadline: March 15, 2019
ARMY ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION CAMP
June 9-15, 2019
Please complete all fields on this form.
Give the character questionnaire (page 4) to your principal, teacher, or counselor.
Applicants should mail or email completed applications by March 15, 2019 to:
Mr. Henry Dulaney(EC)
4155 Clay St.
Vicksburg, MS 39183
Questions: contact Mr. Dulaney at 601-631-7724.