Catholic Diocese of Biloxi launches Guardian Angel Program
The Diocese of Biloxi has launched the Guardian Angel Program. The mission of the Program is to provide financial assistance for children to attend Catholic schools.
Details about the Program:
- Scholarship Assistance Program for Diocese of Biloxi Catholic Schools
- Kindergarten – 12th Grade
- $300 or more donation per year to be recognized as a Guardian Angel
- Average tuition for Elementary School $4,000 Catholic/$5,000 Non-Catholic
- Average tuition for Middle/High School $5,500 Catholic/$6,500 Non-Catholic
- Donations may be paid annually, semiannually, quarterly, or monthly
- Donations can be tax deductible (donors should consult their accountant)
- Donations are made payable to the school
- Parents/Guardians of students must complete an annual third-party assessment to be eligible for assistance through the Guardian Angel Program (this may be the same one already used at the Catholic school).
- The Pastor(s) and Principal review the applications and make determination of awards.
- All recipients must keep agreements confidential.
- Giving Day is held annually on Memorial Day Weekend
As Bishop of the Diocese of Biloxi, I am deeply touched by the commitment of the local Church to enable our Catholic Schools to meet our mission to teach, preach, and make holy. I express my deepest appreciation to our pastors, administrators, staff, faculty, and the faithful of our diocese who support our Catholic Schools. I thank the parents, families, and Guardian Angels who sacrifice in order for children to attend Catholic Schools. Your commitment, dedication, and love will impact our children throughout their lives.
Most Reverend Louis F Kihneman, III
Bishop of Biloxi
WHY CHOOSE A CATHOLIC EDUCATION? Sacramental preparation, Catholic faith taught daily in religion classes, Mass offered weekly, religion incorporated into all curriculum, open prayer through the school day, retreats, social justice projects, prayer tables present in classrooms, May Crowning, adoration, vocation awareness, study of Saints, family involvement welcomed and encouraged, average ACT above the national and state average, national standardized test scores for all grades above the national average, over 100,000 service hours annually to the Church and community, average of $30,000,000 in scholarships offered annually to graduating seniors, over 100 Mississippi High School Activities Association state championships.
Please find program registration form here, and a program brochure can be found below.