St. Patrick Catholic High School is excited to announce that five students have been named 2018 STAR students and five teachers have been named STAR teachers. Student-Teacher Achievement Recognition Program (STAR) students and teachers are listed below.
- Student: Matthew Bisner — Teacher: Orin Eleuterius
- Student: Tyler Jackson — Teacher: Bill Lee
- Student: Jack McKee — Teacher: Mary Lawson
- Student: Lauren Skinner — Teacher: Gail Trahan
- Student: Richard Springer — Teacher: Susie Tavel
The Mississippi Economic Council and its M.B. Swayze Foundation sponsor the Student-Teacher Recognition Program in an effort to encourage scholastic achievement among the state’s high school students. The STAR Program has two specific purposes:
- Emphasize scholastic excellence and encourage greater scholastic effort among Mississippi students.
- Recognize the teaching profession.
To be eligible for the STAR student honor, a student may be a regularly enrolled senior or an approved dually enrolled student in an accredited public, private or parochial school and/or an accredited post-secondary institution. The student must be completing his/her last year of work and must be eligible to receive a diploma in the current school year. The student must have an overall ACT composite score of at least 25 and an overall average of 93 or above in selected subjects in the ninth, tenth, eleventh and first-semester twelfth grades.
Congratulations to all!