Congratulations to 2019 STAR students and teachers
St. Patrick Catholic High School is proud to announce that four students have been named 2019 Student-Teacher Achievement Recognition Program (STAR) students and four teachers have been named STAR teachers, listed below.
- Student: Stephen Azar — Teacher: Susie Tavel
- Student: Max Grill — Teacher: Gail Trahan
- Student: Amelie Million — Teacher: Amber Buckley
- Student: Jordan Pete — Teacher: Mary Lawson
The Mississippi Economic Council and its M.B. Swayze Foundation sponsor the Student-Teacher Recognition Program in an effort to encourage scholastic achievement among the state’s high school students. The STAR Program has two specific purposes:
- Emphasize scholastic excellence and encourage greater scholastic effort among Mississippi students.
- Recognize the teaching profession.
To be eligible for the STAR student honor, a student may be a regularly enrolled senior or an approved dually enrolled student in an accredited public, private or parochial school and/or an accredited post-secondary institution. The student must be completing his/her last year of work and must be eligible to receive a diploma in the current school year. The student must have an overall ACT composite score of at least 25 and an overall average of 93 or above in selected subjects in the ninth, tenth, eleventh and first-semester twelfth grades.
Congratulations to all!