David G. Hall, M. D. Memorial Scholarship -Due: Must be postmarked on or before Friday, February 25, 2022
The Mississippi Academy of Family Physicians Foundation Board of Trustees established the David G. Hall, M. D. Memorial Scholarship to award scholarships to seniors in schools across Mississippi who are interested in pursuing a career in the field of medicine. Our foundation will donate up to $1,000 for scholarships to Mississippi seniors during the 2020-21 school year.
For Contest Rules, Judging Criteria and Application, see attached or go to www.msafp.org/scholarship. After reviewing this information, please follow the steps below:
- Each student that meets the criteria should submit an application, along with his/her 500-word essay titled, “The Family Physician: Providing Your Medical Home”. The essay should “Describe the impact of a Family Physician in your life or the life of your family and/or the role of the Family Physician in your community. In what ways do Family Physicians strengthen the various aspects of the community?”
- The essay should be grammatically correct and accurate in terms of spelling and word usage.
- If a specific physician is mentioned in the essay, the physician MUST be a Family Medicine physician. Please encourage your students to research the physician to determine if he/she is indeed a Family Physician. Essays written about any other medical specialty will be disqualified.
- All applications must include a list of accomplishments, application, essay AND a high school transcript.
- Applications must be postmarked on or before to be considered for the scholarship.
Scholarship winners will be announced by May 1, 2022. Thank you for your assistance as we continue to promote family medicine among Mississippi’s high school seniors.