Events planned for Homecoming 2014
The St. Patrick student council has planned the following themes for each day of homecoming week beginning this Monday, September 8. All students may be creative and dress within the theme or you may wear your uniform. Please refer to the handbook for any questions regarding free dress days. All students must still dress modestly with proper shoes.
- Monday is Patriotic Day. Show your patriotic spirit by wearing red, white, and blue or come dressed as a soldier or historical figure (Abe Lincoln, Statue of Liberty, etc.).
- Tuesday we celebrate your favorite “Holiday.” Wear Mardi Gras colors, Christmas outfits, or a Thanksgiving pilgrim’s suit. Don’t forget about those leprechauns from St. Patrick’s Day.
- Hollywood Wednesday is for showing us your favorite movie characters. Are you a fan of Star Wars, Captain America, Westerns, or Disney classics? Dress as your favorite movie star.
- Touch of Class Thursday is a dressy day. Wear your best church clothes as we celebrate mass followed by a special meal served during lunch. Young ladies are required to wear modest dresses or dressy pant suits. Young men are required to dress in a coat and tie. Otherwise, students should be in full uniform.
- Show your Irish Pride on Friday. Wear St. Patrick colors of navy, green, and gold. Also, students may wear St. Patrick t-shirts. No shaving cream or silly string is allowed at the pep rally.
Other Homecoming traditions and events are the following:
- Tuesday, 9/9: Irish Idol. Talented St. Patrick students will perform in an “American Idol” style variety show beginning at 9:40 a.m. in the cafeteria. Tickets are $2.00. If students do not wish to attend the talent show, they may go to the library.
- Wednesday, 9/10: Powder Puff Football and Blackout Pep Rally. Students and parents may join us at the football stadium for these events beginning at 6:30 p.m. The junior girls will compete against the senior girls in the powder puff football game followed by a pep rally for the entire student body. No shaving cream or silly string is allowed at this event.
- Friday, 9/12: Family Picnic, Pep Rally, Court Presentation, and Game. Students will be dismissed to the courtyard at 1:00 p.m. for a picnic lunch. Parents should arrive via the north or south gates anytime between noon and 1:00. You may bring food or purchase food from the concession stand. You may also want to bring lawn chairs or a blanket for seating. Mrs. Whiteside and Ms. Dapremont will be posted at the courtyard gates to sign parents in or to check students out. The front office will be closed beginning at NOON on Friday. Families may eat in the courtyard or cafeteria. The gym will not open until 2:00 p.m. for the pep rally. We are asking families of children in grades 10-12 to use the north courtyard, and for families of children in grades 7-9 to use the south courtyard. Beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the stadium, the Homecoming Maids will be presented in a motorcade. The Fighting Irish will take the field at 7:00 p.m. to beat West Lincoln. Go Irish! Our 2014 Homecoming Queen will be crowned at halftime.
- Saturday, 9/13: Homecoming Dance. Students in grades 9-12 may attend the dance being held at the MS Coast Coliseum Convention Center from 8:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m. Tickets are $20 and may be purchased beginning this Monday, 9/8 in the school office. Attire for the dance is dressy dresses or pant suits for young ladies and a suit with a tie for young men. The Homecoming Court will be presented at 8:30 p.m.
For questions regarding Homecoming or other events, please contact Vicki Saucier.