Fighting Irish Cross Country Team competes in George County Invitational
Last Thursday, August 30, the St. Patrick Cross Country Team traveled to George County for their first meet of the season! They have been preparing for this cross country season since June, and the season is well underway. Coach Tim McDaniel, the Fighting Irish head cross country coach, was extremely proud of his runners and is excited to see what the rest of the season will hold.
Sophomore cross country runner Quinlan Pisciotta said, “Cross country is a great sport to be a part of, not only because of the sport itself but also because of the people. The XC team is like a family and it is so much fun to be a part of. It’s a hard and grueling sport to participate in, especially because we started training in June. Everyone is always there to support each other and I can’t wait to see what the season will bring!”
The varsity runners run a 5K, which is 3.1 miles, and the junior high runners run a 4K, which is 2.5 miles. The varsity girls team place first and the varsity boys team placed third overall at the meet. Top 10 individual results follow.
- 2nd Isabel Leatherman (21:37.74)
- 3rd Jordan Pete (21:43.49)
- 8th Amelie Million (23:28.39)
- 7th Cade Meyers (18:59.95)
- 8th Mason McCullough (19:16.50)
- 9th Dylan Middleton (19:25.28)
- 10th Dominic Patino (19:34.84)
Junior High Girls:
- 1st Isabella Patino (18:42.13)
- 9th Addison Fountain (23:53.24)
Junior High Boys:
- 1st Bryon Shepard (17:39.09)
- 5th Luke Meyers (18:47.90)
Photos from the meet can be viewed here.
Story by Teal Salloum