Several springs sporting events took place last week – results are listed below!
Track and Field
Results from the St. Stanislaus Invitational:
Junior High Division:
- Jameson Triffiley and Olivia Leatherman placed first in pole vault.
- Abby Badurak placed first in long jump, setting a new St. Stanislaus College meet record for junior high girls long jump at 14′ 6″.
- Brendon Turner placed fifth in long jump.
- Relays team of Briana Bennett, Juliana Sabagh, Olivia Williams and Abby Badurak placed first in the 400m relay and 800m relay.
- The Girls Junior High track Team finished third in team honors.
- Taylor Ibele placed second in discus (PR at 90’).
- Leila Ransonet placed fifth in triple jump.
- Bricen Rivers placed second in long jump.
- Relay team of Isabell Leatherman, Quinlan Pisciotta, Gabbi Patino, and Jordan Pete placed second in district medley relay.
- Relay team of Dylan Middleton, Bricen Rivers, Dominic Patino, and Cade Meyers placed first in the district medley relay.
The Junior High Girls and Boys finished in 3rd & 5th and the Varsity Girls and Boys finishing in 4th & 6th place. The next track meet will be held Thursday, March 8, at Long Beach High School.
The Boys Golf team competed in the Gulf Coast Majors season opening tournament on Saturday, playing in the Bank of Wiggins Invitational. Jacob Futch led all Fighting Irish golfers with an 81, followed by Robby Waltz, Keegan Cuevas, Kane Palazzo and Carson Bishop. The team will play again tomorrow in the Diamondhead Invitational
On Wednesday, February 28, the SPCHS Girls Golf Team had a strong showing at the 2018 Girl’s Kickoff Classic Hosted by St. Martin High School at Dogwood Hills Golf Club, coming in 10th place. Andrea Huguenin shot a 90 and Isabell Alexander shot a 110. The girls play am 18-Hole Match on March 27 at Great Southern at 10 a.m.
The Lady Irish Softball Team went 1-1 on the week, defeating St. Martin 6-2 on Tuesday and losing 3-0 to Harrison Central on Saturday. The JV and Varsity teams take on Long Beach at home tomorrow at 5:30 and 7 p.m.
The Junior High Baseball Team lost 11-2 on Monday night and 11-0 on Wednesday night vs PRC. The Fighting Irish Varsity Baseball Team went 3-2 on the week with victories over Lamar Christian on Thursday night and Moss Point on Friday and Saturday. JH Baseball travels to Stone County to play today at 6 p.m., while JV and Varsity host North Forrest tomorrow at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.
On Thursday night, the Fighting Irish Tennis Team came up just short against Gulfport, losing 5-2. The Team plays St. Stanislaus at Bayou Bluff tomorrow at 4 p.m.