On a beautiful and hot Saturday, August 25, the St. Patrick Swim Team competed against several other schools, such as Biloxi, Vancleave, Pascagoula, and St. Martin at the Biloxi Natatorium. There were several races, with the swimmers ranging from seventh to twelfth grade. Coach Beth McMackin, the Fighting Irish head swim coach, was extremely proud of her team and saw improvement from all her swimmers, but the team is still striving for all swimmers to do the absolute best they can. The boys finished third overall and the girls finished seventh overall.
- Men’s Relay team of Christian McKee, Chase Vivian, Joseph Agler and Clayton Stoddard placed second in the 200 Medley Relay and second in the 400 Medley Relay.
- Clayton Stoddard placed first in 50 Freestyle and second in 100 Breaststroke.
- Caston Mestayer placed second in 200 Freestyle and 500 Freestyle.
- Christian McKee placed second in 200 Individual Medley and third place in 100 Freestyle.
- Joseph Agler placed second in 100 Freestyle.
The team has another meet coming up on Wednesday, August 29, at the YMCA at 5 p.m. The team appreciates all the support they receive and would love for more St. Patrick students to attend!
Photos from the event can be viewed here.
Story by Gracie Davenport