Fighting Irish Swim Team competes in MHSAA Class I State Swimming Championships
The Fighting Irish Swim Team completed an incredible season last Saturday, October 27, in the MHSAA Class I State Swimming Championships. Both the boys and girls teams performed well, with the boys finishing fourth overall and the girls finishing tenth overall.
- Christian McKee placed first in Boys 200 Yard IM and third in Boys 100 Yard Back
- Team placed third in Boys 200 Yard Medley Relay
- Annie Torp placed eighth in Girls 200 Yard Free and fourth in Girls 500 Yard Free
- Joseph Agler placed fourth in Boys 200 Yard Free and sixth in Boys 100 Yard Fly
- Daniel Tull placed sixth in Boys 200 Yard Free
- Caston Mestayer placed ninth in Boys 200 Yard Free and sixth in Boys 500 Yard Free
- Clayton Stoddard placed third in Boys 50 Yard Free and second in Boys 100 Yard Breast Class
- Vincent Pisciotta placed eighth in Boys 100 Yard Free
- Team placed sixth in Boys 200 Yard Free Relay
- Team placed eighth in Girls 400 Yard Free Relay
- Team placed fourth in Boys 400 Yard Free Relay
“I had a blast with all my friends at the state swim meet and saw what I needed to improve on for next year.” – Alex Moore
“We all improved in the short week from South State to State, and not only did our relays perform great as a team, but every one of us swam as hard as we could for our senior. I’m really excited to see what we do next year for my final season and can’t wait to see how many medals we bring home.” – Clayton Stoddard
“I am very proud of both the boys and the girls teams. For the boys, it shows how training hard can really pay off and how dedication to a sport can go a long way. For the girls, even though we are a very small team, we came out in fourth place, which is something I am super proud of. This again shows what training can do for not just an individual, but also for a team. State was a new experience for a lot of the newer swimmers. I think with them seeing how much excitement there is, they definitely want to come back next year.” – Annie Torp
Great job to all athletes for a wonderful season! Full results are available here.
Photos of the championships can be viewed here.