Fighting Irish swim teams place first and second in recent meet
On Wednesday, September 12, members of the Fighting Irish Swim Team performed extraordinarily well during their meet at the Biloxi Natatorium. Swimmers competed against athletes from Pascagoula High School, D’Iberville High School, Harrison County High School, and Hancock High School. The boys team placed first overall and the girls placed second overall!
“I am really proud of our newer swimmers, many of whom have dropped a lot of time since they started! I am proud of our experienced swimmers who are also dropping time even with how hard Coach Doug is working them.” – SPCHS Fighting Irish Swim Team Head Coach Beth McMackin
Many members secured personal records during this meet, including:
- Sofia Carreon: 50 Free, 100 Free
- Avery McCullough: 50 Free, 100 Free
- Emily Miller: 50 Free
- Gavriella Persing: 100 Free, 100 Back
- Sophia Pisciotta: 100 Breast
- Paige Pittman: 50 Free
- Sophia Spicuzza: 100 Fly
- Joseph Agler: 100 Fly, 100 Breast
- Landon Baxter: 100 Back
- Christian McKee: 200 Free
- Caston Mestayer: 50 Free
- Alex Moore: 50 Free
- Vincent Pisciotta: 100 Free
- Ian Snyder: 50 Free
- Clayton Stoddard: 200 IM
- Daniel Tull: 100 Free, 100 Breast
- Chase Vivian: 200 Free, 50 Free
Congratulations to all swimmers on a job well done!
Full results from the meet can be viewed here.
Photos from the meet can be viewed here.