Homecoming 2015 all set for next week
The St. Patrick student council has planned the following themes for each day of the “Enchanted” themed homecoming week beginning this Monday, September 21. All students may be creative and dress within the theme or you may wear your uniform. Please refer to the handbook for any questions regarding free dress days. All students must still dress modestly with proper shoes.
- Monday is Heroes vs. Villains Day: Rivalry is a part of any “enchanted” tale! Work with a partner, group, or individually to create a world of rivals, whether fantastical or real!
- Tuesday is Salad Dressing Day: “Be our guest” to bring salad to life! Dress as an embodiment of your favorite salad dressing. Whether you are a cowboy Ranch dressing or a “Julius Caesar” dressing, this day is sure to be “enchanted” with salad come to life!
- Wednesday is Decades Day: Each grade can show their spirit for a decade: Seniors are futuristic 3016, juniors are stylish 1980s, sophomores are disco 1970s, freshmen are hip 1990s, eighth grade is groovy 1960s, and seventh grade is hoppin’ 1950s!
- Classic Thursday is a dressy day. Wear your best church clothes as we celebrate mass followed by a special meal served during lunch. Young ladies are required to wear knee-length modest dresses or dressy pant suits. Young men are required to dress in a coat and tie. Otherwise, students should be in full uniform.
- Show your Irish Pride on Friday: Wear St. Patrick colors of navy, green, and gold. Also, students may wear St. Patrick t-shirts or Homecoming t-shirts.
Other Homecoming traditions and events are the following:
- Saturday, September 19: Fighting Irish Homecoming Festival – From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. this Saturday, join us for our athletic drawdown, classic car show, food, games, and much more as we kick off Homecoming Week!
- Tuesday, September 22: Irish Idol – Talented St. Patrick students will perform in an “American Idol” style variety show beginning at 9:40 a.m. in the cafeteria. Tickets are $2.00. If students do not wish to attend the talent show, they may go to the library.
- Wednesday, September 23: Powder Puff Football and Blackout Pep Rally – Students and parents are invited join us at the football stadium for these events beginning at 6:30 p.m. The junior girls will compete against the senior girls in the powder puff football game followed by a pep rally for the entire student body.
- Thursday, September 24: Homecoming Mass – Mass will be held in the gym beginning at 9:40 a.m. Also, for the annual St. Patrick Classic Luncheon, a special lunch will be served in the cafeteria today in honor of Homecoming week.
- Friday, September 25: Family Picnic, Parade, Pep Rally, and Football Game – Students will be dismissed to the courtyard at 12:30 for the Homecoming Picnic Lunch with their families. Parents should arrive via the north or south gates anytime between 11:30 and 12:30. Parents may bring food or purchase food from the concession stand. Parents may also want to bring lawn chairs or a blanket for seating. Mrs. Whiteside and Ms. Dapremont will be posted at the courtyard gates to sign parents in or to check students out. The front office will be closed beginning at 11:30 on Friday. Families may eat in the courtyard or cafeteria, and we are asking families of children in grades 10-12 to use the north courtyard, and for families of children in grades 7-9 to use the south courtyard. At 1:30, students and families will be invited to move outside of the courtyard for our Homecoming Parade presenting each of the Homecoming Maids. Following the parade, the gym will open at 2:00 for the Homecoming Pep Rally. The Fighting Irish varsity football team will take the field at 7:00 p.m. to beat St. Andrews. An alumni reception will take place in the school foyer before the game. The 2015 Homecoming Court will be presented during halftime, and our 2015 Homecoming Queen will be crowned at this time.
- Saturday, September 26: Homecoming Dance – Students in grades 9-12 may attend the dance being held at the MS Coast Coliseum Convention Center from 8:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m. Tickets are $20 and may be purchased in the school office. Attire for the dance is dressy dresses or pant suits for young ladies and a suit with a tie for young men. The Homecoming Court will be presented at 8:30 p.m.
For questions regarding Homecoming or other events, please contact Vicki Saucier.