Scholarships for the Class of 2011
www.collegeboard.com (Use this website to find college profiles and other useful information).
www.wendyshighschoolheisman.com Deadline: 10-3-10
www.horatioalger.org/scholarships/apply.cfm Deadline: 10-30-10
2011 John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Essay Contest
Deadline: January 8, 2011
www.jfklibrary.org for complete guidelines
Coca−Cola Scholars Program
WHEN TO APPLY: High school seniors can apply between August 1 - October 31. The application is currently OPEN, click here to register and apply
1. Seniors in high schools throughout the United States who meet the eligibility requirements may apply each year for one of 250 four-year, achievement-based scholarships.
2. Approximately 2,200 applicants are selected as Semifinalists in mid-November and notified by mail and email. Semifinalists must then complete a secondary application, including essays, official transcripts, and two letters of recommendation. Semifinalist applications are due by mid-January. Our Program Review Committee will select 250 Finalists to advance to the final interview phase. Notifications are sent mid-February.
3. In April, the 250 Finalists are invited to Atlanta for personal interviews. The Finalists are interviewed by a National Selection Committee representing outstanding leaders in business, government, education and the arts. 50 students are then designated as National Scholars and receive awards of $20,000 for college; 200 students are designated as Regional Scholars and receive awards of $10,000 for college.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS APPLICANTS MUST BE:
• CURRENT high school (or home-schooled) seniors attending school in the United States (or select DoD schools);
• U.S. Citizens; U.S. Nationals; U.S. Permanent Residents; Temporary Residents (in a legalization program); Refugees; Asylees; Cuban-Haitian Entrants; or Humanitarian Parolees;
• anticipating completion of high school diploma at the time of application;
• planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution;
• carrying a minimum 3.00 GPA at the end of their junior year of high school.
APPLICANTS MAY NOT:• be children or grandchildren of employees, officers or owners of Coca−Cola bottling companies, The Coca−Cola Company, Company divisions or subsidiaries.