Mock Trial team advances to state competition
The St. Patrick Mock Trial team won at the Gulfport Regional Competition. The team will now compete in the statewide competition in Jackson at the end of February. This is the second year in a row that the St. Patrick Mock Trial team has advanced to the state competition.
Listed below are the goals of the Mississippi High School Mock Trial Competition:
- To promote greater understanding of and appreciation for the law, court procedures, and the Mississippi Judicial systems
- To improve basic life skills, such as critical thinking, reading, speaking, and advocacy
- To improve communication and cooperation among key community members, including schools, teachers, legal professionals, and citizens
- To heighten appreciation for the principle of equal justice for all
- To promote an awareness of current legal issues
- To promote the exchange of ideas among students from throughout the state of Mississippi while providing a rewarding and memorable experience of interaction
Not pictured are attorney coaches Judge Jennifer Schloegel and Attorney Elena Guida, both of whom devoted much time to the teams practices and their expertise was a factor in the teams success. Congratulations to Mr. Eleuterius and the entire team for representing our school so well!