Seventh grade class officer applications are now available
Seventh grade class officer applications are now available. Click here to download an application packet. Applications are due by 3:00 p.m. on Monday, August 22. There will be a campaign meeting for all applicants after school on Monday in room 200. Contact Mrs. Buckley for more information.
The responsibilities of a class officer are as follows:
- Attend all general meetings held biweekly and any special meetings
- Serve on one or more Student Council activity committees throughout the school year
- Attend and support all Student Council activities and events
- Helping to plan, set up, and/or decorate for an activity
- Helping to host, work, and/or clean up after an activity
- Review and revise Class Bylaws with class sponsors
- Class Bylaws are the guidelines for each particular grade
- Included in these bylaws are: the amount for class dues, activities with which the class is responsible, and specific duties of each class officer
- Hold at least one class officer meeting with sponsors per quarter and submit a meeting report to the Student Council adviser
- Hold at least one general class meeting per semester and submit a meeting report to the Student Council adviser
- Submit a financial report to the Student Council adviser at the end of each semester
- Create, support, and attend class events and activities
- Submit all approved class events and activities to the Student Council adviser after receiving official approval of class sponsors; Class sponsors will gain approval from the administration for all class activities Class Officer Application Packet
The following positions are available:
- PRESIDENT: Responsibilities include: presiding over class meetings, creating the agenda for meetings, meeting and planning class activities with class sponsor, reviewing and revising class bylaws
- VICE-PRESIDENT: Responsibilities include: presiding over class meetings in lieu of the President, meeting and planning class activities with class sponsor
- SECRETARY: Responsibilities include: taking minutes at all class officer and general class meetings, taking role at all meetings, providing public relations information to the class sponsor, serving on the PR committee
- TREASURER: Responsibilities include: working with the class sponsor in collecting dues and creating a budget and serving on the budget committee
The requirements to run for a class officer are as follows:
- All members must have and maintain a cumulative 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- All members must not have severe discipline (Stage 4 or above of the discipline ladder) during the prior semester and must maintain their behavior for the duration of their term.