St. Patrick is accepting applications for athletic director position
St. Patrick Catholic High School is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates for our full-time athletic director vacancy. Interested candidates should complete our employment application and upload a resume and teaching license on our website at www.stpatrickhighschool.net/employment-opportunities.
Position Overview: In addition to the required qualifications listed below, the ideal candidate will:
- Support the formation of each student athlete in accordance with the mission and ministry of the Catholic Church as well as collaborate with coaches, teachers, and parents in the formation of the student athletes.
- Engage in ongoing professional development and supporting fellow faculty and staff members in facilitating faith-based youth development.
General Qualifications/Requirements: The requirements below reflect professional expectations.
- Graduate degree in sports administration, educational leadership, or a related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of applicable and successful administrative experience, preferably in leading successful athletic programs.
- Possess or be in the process of obtaining appropriate licensure from the Mississippi Department of Education in sports administration or educational leadership.
- Extensive knowledge of the rules and policies of the Mississippi High School Athletic Association.
- Extensive knowledge in the following areas of sports administration: physical education, scheduling, various sports, and coaching skills.
- Extensive knowledge in the following areas of organizational leadership: effective communication, ability to work well with others, budgeting and finance, fundraising, and employment and evaluation of coaches.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with faculty and staff and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work with all stakeholders in a positive manner including student athletes, parents, development personnel, and administrators.
- Demonstrated understanding of technology including school official social media, website management, student information systems, and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to pass required criminal background check(s) and drug screening.
To apply for this position, visit www.stpatrickhighschool.net/employment-opportunities. For more information about this position, please contact Renee McDaniel or Matt Buckley.