St. Patrick is accepting applications for Director of Public Relations and Advancement position
St. Patrick Catholic High School is currently accepting applications for Director of Public Relations and Advancement. Listed below is the job description for this position.
Employment Opening: Director of Public Relations and Advancement
Overview: St. Patrick Catholic High School, a parochial high school supported by eighteen Catholic parishes within the Diocese of Biloxi, and recently selected as one of the Top 50 Catholic High Schools in the United States, seeks a Director of Public Relations and Advancement to oversee the implementation and sustainability of the advancement, marketing, and public relations functions that generate revenue for and public awareness of a Catholic high school consistent with the mission of the institution. This position provides an excellent opportunity for a highly-motivated individual with proven experience who can generate a robust and diversified public relations and advancement program.
This position will be a full-time, twelve-month, salaried position within the St. Patrick administration. The position will be employed “at will” and shall serve at the will and pleasure of the Principal of St. Patrick Catholic High School. This position will report directly to the Principal and will report indirectly to the St. Patrick School Advisory Council, the St. Patrick Foundation Board of Directors, and the St. Patrick Alumni Association Board of Directors. This position will regularly require work in the evenings and on weekends.
Mission: Our mission is to promote spiritual growth; to assure intellectual growth through academic excellence; to foster a Christian social conscience; to develop a physically healthy lifestyle; and to provide a culturally enriching experience.
Application Availability: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Contact: Matt Buckley
Application Process: Submit an application for employment at www.stpatrickhighschool.net/employment-opportunities. Email cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of employment applications we receive, it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants. Applicants who are selected will be notified by email or phone to schedule an interview.
Responsibilities: The selected candidate for this position will supervise and generate all public relations and advancement activities, including without limitation, data management, marketing, alumni relations, social media, and alumni and Foundation events and activities. The candidate will also collaborate with other administrators, coaches, faculty and administrative support staff. This position is responsible for strategic planning (establishing goals and achievement of goals), annual giving, major gifts, grant writing, marketing, alumni relations, media relations and communications functions of the high school. This position will coordinate an annual appeal and strategic marketing initiatives with supporting parishes and other institutions within the Diocese of Biloxi, as applicable.
In addition to the general responsibilities summarized above, the position would be responsible for the following specific duties:
• Actively support St. Patrick Catholic High School’s mission, goals, objectives and administration.
• Speak at masses at local parishes on a regular basis.
• Meet with priests and cultivate the relationship between school and parishes.
• Create and execute an annual external fundraising campaign.
• Support the School Advisory Council, Foundation of St. Patrick, Alumni Association, administration, faculty, staff, and volunteers with donor development and fundraising.
• Secure financial support from individuals, businesses, and foundations.
• Steward on-going relationships with donors and key stakeholders.
• Cultivate new relationships beneficial to St. Patrick Catholic High School.
• Develop printed and web-based materials for donor relations.
• Manage vendor and independent contractor relationships related to advancement matters.
• Draft newsletters, updates, emails, and letters with updates about the school for stakeholders and for donor appeals.
• Draft bulletin inserts to be included in parish bulletins on a regular basis.
• Solicit and steward major and planned gifts.
• Coordinate the alumni database utilizing alumni data from St. Patrick, Mercy Cross, Notre Dame, Sacred Heart, and St. John high schools.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Principal.
Listed below are the minimum qualifications to apply for this position:
• Experience leading a public relations program to include extensive experience with marketing and communication.
• Professional advancement experience with a proven track record of consistently reaching fundraising goals through a variety of activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, non-profit management/fundraising, communications or a related field.
• Practicing Catholic in good standing.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and proficiency with various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and similar social media.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, self-starter.
• Competence and experience with a variety of word processing, spreadsheet and donor database software, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and Power Point and experience with preparing and presenting audio/visual presentations.
• Strong proficiency in graphic design (In Design, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, etc.).
• Understanding and commitment to the mission of Catholic education and St. Patrick Catholic High School.
Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with the applicant’s qualifications and experience will include benefits including participation in organization’s health plan and retirement plan. There will be a base salary for this position with the opportunity to earn commission based on the amount of revenue generated.
St. Patrick Catholic High School is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, or the presence of a disability, which, with reasonable accommodation, does not impair performance of professional responsibilities.