The student’s official school uniform is a representation to the public of St. Patrick Catholic High School. It is to be worn with pride and respect. Students are expected to be well groomed and neatly dressed at all times during the school day and at all school functions both on and off campus. Students are required to adhere to the uniform policy in school as well as on the way to and from school in order to act as proper ambassadors. When a student wears the official uniform, he or she is required to adhere to all the rules and regulations in the handbook as though he or she is on campus.
While this section of the handbook deals with most issues pertaining to student dress code, it is not considered all-inclusive. Any manner of dress or appearance which seriously impacts the learning environment of the school may be prohibited.
APPROVED UNIFORM VENDORS
The approved school uniform vendors are listed below:
School and Scrubs
1765 Popps Ferry Road, Suite D
Biloxi, MS 39532
Educate and Celebrate
311 Cowan Road
Gulfport, MS 39507
- Pants – khaki uniform pants must be purchased from an approved vendor. Pants must be neatly hemmed and cannot drag the ground. Pants must fit appropriately and cover undergarments.
- Skirts – girls are permitted to wear skirts. Skirts must be purchased from an approved vendor and are available in the school plaid. Skirts must be no more than three (3) inches above the knee when standing. Waistbands on skirts cannot be rolled up. Girls should wear shorts underneath their skirts.
- Shirts – white oxford shirts with the St. Patrick Catholic High School logo must be purchased from an approved vendor. The shirts can be either long-sleeved or short-sleeved. Shirts must be tucked in at all times. It is not acceptable for the sleeve of the t- shirt to extend beyond the cuff of the sleeve of the uniform shirt. The top button of the shirt must be buttoned when wearing a tie and the second button on other days. Blue oxford shirts with the St. Patrick logo may be purchased at the approved vendor, by seniors, and worn on approved days.
- Fleece Jackets – navy fleece jackets with the St. Patrick Catholic High School logo may be purchased from an approved vendor. The school uniform must be worn underneath the fleece jacket.
- Rain Jackets – green rain jackets with the St. Patrick Catholic High School logo may be purchased from an approved vendor. The school uniform must be worn underneath the rain jacket.
- Winter Jackets – two approved jackets with the St. Patrick Catholic High School logo may be purchased from an approved vendor. The school uniform must be worn underneath the winter jacket. Additional outerwear items (including athletic team jackets, sweatshirts, and hoodies) are prohibited at all times during the school day.
- Letterman Jackets/Letterman Sweaters – St. Patrick Catholic High School letterman jackets and sweaters may be worn if purchased from the official school vendor and the student is eligible for lettering in athletic team at St. Patrick Catholic High School.
- Athletic Jackets and Outerwear – any jacket or outerwear purchased from the official Fighting Irish Spirit Store may be worn over the student’s school uniform. Additional athletic fan-wear is not part of the school uniform. Sweatshirts, hoodies, and unapproved jackets are in violation of the uniform policy.
- Sweaters – v-neck navy blue sweaters and sweater-vests with the St. Patrick Catholic High School logo may be purchased from an approved vendor. When a sweater or sweater-vest is worn, the oxford shirt must be worn underneath and the collar must be visible.
- Blazers – navy blazers with the St. Patrick Catholic High School crest must be purchased from an approved vendor. The jackets must be worn on Mass days and at any time that a student is representing St. Patrick Catholic High School at a school-related event.
- Ties – a green/navy striped tie for boys and a cross tie for girls must be purchased from an approved vendor. Ties must be worn on Mass days and any time a student is representing St. Patrick Catholic High School at any school-related event. All shirts/blouses must be buttoned to the neck when ties are being worn.
- Belts – a black or brown belt must be worn with the uniform. Belts must be worn with any item that has belt loops.
- Shoes – Clarks’ Wallabee Oxford, Sperry Billfish (tan or beige), Sperry Bluefish (linen), and Eastland Buck are approved shoes. All shoes must have original shoes laces and should be tied. Students must wear shoes at all times, and shoes must be worn properly.
- Socks – socks must be worn at all times and should be solid white in color. Socks should not have visible logos and are required to cover the ankle and be below the knee. Girls may wear solid white tights with their skirts. Tights should not have patterns of any kind or be torn or frayed.
- Undergarments – t-shirts and other undergarments worn under the uniform shirt must be white without any graphics or writing.
- Additional outerwear items not listed above are prohibited at all times. Additional athletic fan-wear is not part of the school uniform. Sweatshirts, hoodies, and unapproved jackets are in violation of the uniform policy.
- Hair – Hair should be neat, combed, and out of the eyes. No excessive hair styles or unnatural hair color is permitted. For boys, sideburns should not be below the ears, and hair must not touch the top of the shirt collar or the eyebrows.
- Facial Hair—Boys are required to be clean-shaven each day.
- Hats—No hats are allowed inside the school building.
- Jewelry—For boys, only a school ring, a watch, or a religious medal/cross may be worn. No other jewelry is allowed. For girls, conservative jewelry is acceptable. Only one earring per ear is allowed and must be worn in the ear lobe. Earrings should be smaller than the size of a quarter in length or diameter.
- Make-up—For girls, make-up should be stylish, in good taste, and conservatively applied.
- Body Piercing/Tattoos—Body piercings (including the tongue) and visible tattoos are not permitted.
- Clothing Sizes—no oversized clothing is permitted.
The administration makes the final decision about what is considered excessive.
SPECIAL DRESS DAYS
Special dress days may be granted by the administration on special occasions. Outlined below is the dress code for special dress days.
- Jean Day—students must wear blue jeans and a St. Patrick t-shirt with school uniform shoes. No torn clothing of any type is permitted.
- Free Dress Day—students may wear jeans, capri pants, shorts (knee-length), skirts (knee-length) with an appropriate shirt and any closed-toe and closed-back shoes. No spaghetti straps or sweat pants are allowed. No torn clothing of any type is allowed.